Has anyone used Data Junction data conversion tools?

Has anyone used Data Junction data conversion tools?

Post by Andrea Peac » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I'm curious to see if anyone has used Data Junction tools (and Cambio)
for getting data into sybase?  Any comments?

Thanks
Andrea Cravens Peach, Computer Sys. Manager/DBA
Research and Graduate Studies Information Services
414 Kinkead Hall
University of Kentucky           Phone: (606) 257-9423

Has anyone used Data Junction data conversion tools?

Post by Ron Ke » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Yes,

but it lacked any kind of features that make it worth the money

Post by Winston Ojed » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I'm curious to see if anyone has used Data Junction tools (and Cambio)
> for getting data into sybase?  Any comments?

> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cravens Peach, Computer Sys. Manager/DBA
> Research and Graduate Studies Information Services
> 414 Kinkead Hall
> University of Kentucky           Phone: (606) 257-9423

 In two words... It sucks!

Has anyone used Data Junction data conversion tools?

Post by Brian Jay Gou » Sun, 07 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm curious to see if anyone has used Data Junction tools (and Cambio)
>for getting data into sybase?  Any comments?

I use it, but I am preparing to write a replacement program for
internal use.

Data Junction is written in a combination of C, MS Access and quite a
few DLLs and/or VBXes.  The distribution is very clumsy and often
doesn't work due to conflicting DLLs and such already on the system.

When it works, it is acceptable at doing what it is designed for.  The
user interface is very primative even though it is quite fancy.  For
example, screen real-estate cannot be used effectively at greater than
640X480 displays.

I don't recommend it for a production environment, but as part of a
diagnostic toolkit, it isn't extremely horrible.

More than 10 years on the net.  I've been flamed by better than you.

1. REQ: Review of Data Junction (data conversion program)

Has anyone out there used Data Junction (esp 5.0 for Windows)?

I am looking for a data conversion utility for transferring data
between open programs in an automated fashion as a way of extracting
the best out of both spreadsheet and database.

My spreadsheet application (a contract management system, in 1-2-3 W)
is easy to create but hard to change and maintain, while my database
version (Approach W) does not have the calculating power required.  I
am hoping to use an automated utility such as Data Junction to help me
use spreadsheets as a calculation engine for the obtaining values
which would then be stored, manipulated and reported from the
database.  Input would take place from the database, processing in the
spreadsheet, and the results returned to the database.

Anyone with advice/comments/reviews, please post or e-mail.  Thanks.

  "He who controls the past controls the future."    --George Orwell

2. ODBC Driver setup, Progress v. 9

3. Anyone out there using Data Junction?

4. now it's readable........

5. MD-Annapolis Junction-240349--Data Warehousing-ORACLE-SQL-PL/SQL-Data Modeling-Data Warehouse Analysts

6. Multiple-step OLE DB error????????????

7. Problem with datatypes using ODBC and Data Junction

8. Import/Export Setup Question

9. how to get data using cellset having 4 axis(0,1,2,3)

10. Using JSP to modify data in Database having problems:

11. retieve columns data type using JDBC without having a resultset

12. Having problem with POST while using it for posting data in a multi record block

13. Data conversion - which tool ?