performance of stored procedure

Post by suraj kum » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:21:16

Hi Friends,

What is the way of  tunning the stored procedures ? 'set showplan'
shows the plan of single query only , is there any DBCC command   for
this purpose.
kindly let me know .

Thanks

Post by Jaso » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:52:29

> Hi Friends,

> What is the way of  tunning the stored procedures ? 'set showplan'
> shows the plan of single query only , is there any DBCC command   for
> this purpose.
> kindly let me know .

> Thanks

If you run the set showplan on before execution, you should get the full
showplan of the stored proc.

Post the example if your still having problems.

Cheers,
Jason

1. Low Performance of Store Procedures

I have an ASP Application that sends out bulk emails. Initially I was
using inline SQL statements. The inline SQL Statements were converted
to Store Procedures for better performance. Unfortunately it ended up
degrading the performance by half of the initial rate.

Does any one have any suggestions to the causes and remedies if any

Thanks
Chandrashekar

2. NetWare4.1 breaking FoxPro's SET PRINTER TO SPOOLER command ??

3. Performance Problems (Stored Procedure)

4. What to use? VB4, VFP or Other??

5. 6.5 7.0 Upgrade SQL Server Performance Issues Stored Procedure

6. problems converting access to sql

7. Performance Problems (Stored Procedure)

8. Newbie ?.

9. Performance of stored procedure

10. parse and performance on store procedure on ms sqlserver 7.0/2000

11. can temp table degrade performance of store procedure?

12. QUESTIONS about ODBC, network performance and store procedure...