Post by Rajes » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:58:44

I was assuming that it is better to create Unique Clustered indexes on
Master tables and Unique Non-clustered indexes on Transaction tables. Is
this true in General for OLTP applications?

-Rp?

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:38:22

> I was assuming that it is better to create Unique Clustered indexes on
> Master tables and Unique Non-clustered indexes on Transaction tables. Is
> this true in General for OLTP applications?

        Depends. What do you mean by master tables and transaction tables?
        Every table can have one clustered index. You put it on the key(s)
        as required by your data model.

-am     ? 2003

1. INDEX( index, index, ... )

I am trying to use the INDEX option in a SELECT statement to specify a
particular index that the query should use.  There is almost no
documentation on this in the SQL Server 7.0 Online "Help".  Can someone help
me out here?  Also, I am using this on a Linked Server.  Are there any
issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Ian Lee

----------------------------------
R. Ian Lee
Sr. Project Lead
Four-D Software, Inc.

2. VB6 Saving data in to ...

3. Composite Indexes vs. Multiple Single-column indexes

4. Fixed Decimal Places

5. Drop Index, BCP Import and Create Index (Ver 6.5)

6. Combo-box in a DBGrid (unbound)?

7. drop and recreate index vs large insert with index

8. mix and match

9. Indexing SQL Server tables with MS Index Server

10. Ghost Indexes: Index state unknown

11. Ghost Indexes. Index state unknown

12. Clusterd index vs. index, and