Sybase Reference Books

Post by Jeffery Can » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello.

New to Sybase (relatively).  Need good reference books for sysadmin and
development.  Reference documents from Sybase okay, prefer
recommendations for commercial books.

Thanks.
Jeff

--
members.home.net/jccann

Sybase Reference Books

Post by David Owe » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

    Jeffery> Hello.  New to Sybase (relatively).  Need good reference books
    Jeffery> for sysadmin and development.  Reference documents from Sybase
    Jeffery> okay, prefer recommendations for commercial books.

There is a reasonable review in the Sybase FAQ
(http://www.isug.com/Sybase_FAQ).  Karen Paulsel(l?) and John Kirkwood both
have good books in this area.  If you want 1 all encompassing book try the
Sybase 11 Unleashed.  There are no books that have anything on 11.9 or 12.
Well none that I know of!

dowen

--

Sybase Reference Books

Post by Rob Partingt » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Hello.

>New to Sybase (relatively).  Need good reference books for sysadmin and
>development.  Reference documents from Sybase okay, prefer
>recommendations for commercial books.

I'm finding the books at http://sybooks.sybase.com/ to be a great help
at the moment.  Other than that I have "Transact-SQL Programming" from
O'Reilly which is ok - I haven't compared it with the Transact-SQL book
from the above URL yet though.
--
rob partington % programmer % guideguide.com
http://guideguide.com/

Sybase Reference Books

Post by Jason Webste » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have a copy of "Sybase SQL Server 11 Unleashed", and I like it a lot. My
copy is pretty old, but I'm sure that they have something that covers the
newer versions.

Jason Webster