VB/Sybase Server Side Cursors

Post by Joe Foster of Bo » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Does Sybase support server side cursors.  I've noticed in the
> VB manuals that it mentions Oracle and Microsoft SQL, but not
> Sybase.
> Any clues, anyone???
> Mark

Since SQL Server prior to 6.0 was just Sybase in a different box,
I imagine Sybase would have to support server-side cursors. I
was also doing cursor work with PowerBuilder and Sybase, and it
seemed to do everything I asked, except fit a distribution in
under ten diskettes. :-(

Post by Lyle Gr » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: Does Sybase support server side cursors.  I've noticed in the
: VB manuals that it mentions Oracle and Microsoft SQL, but not
: Sybase.

Yes, Sybase supports server-side cursors, as of Sybase 10.

--
------------------------------------------------------ NON ANIMAM CONTINE

                               Phone: (860) 728-6777, FAX: (860) 247-0249
--(My opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer's opinions)--

1. VB/Sybase Server Side Cursors

Since SQL Server prior to 6.0 was just Sybase in a different box,
I imagine Sybase would have to support server-side cursors. I
was also doing cursor work with PowerBuilder and Sybase, and it
seemed to do everything I asked, except fit a distribution in
under ten diskettes. :-(

2. Delphi database (BDE) error code

3. client side cursor vs. server side cursor

4. Can't schedule a DTS package

5. Client Side Cursors vs Server Side Cursors

6. Why is SERIAL a keyword?

7. Please explain server side cursor vs client side cursor and CacheSize=1

8. ADO Cursor: Client Side or Server Side

9. what is a server-side cursor vs client-side

10. ?client-side vs server-side cursors

11. ADO-Access2000: Server-side vs Client-side cursor

12. Server side or client side cursors?