Multiple IP addresses and SYBASE

Post by Andrew Gre » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
    I was wondering how you could setup Sybase so that one
  dataserver can listen on Multiple IP addresses. We are running
  Sybase 11.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1.

     TIA

              Andrew Greer

Post by Anthony Mandi » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>     I was wondering how you could setup Sybase so that one
>   dataserver can listen on Multiple IP addresses. We are running
>   Sybase 11.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1.

        You need to set up multiple network listeners. In your
        interfaces file, create extra master handles. When you
        restart your server you should find a "NETWORK HANDLER"
        process within the Sybase server for each master entry
        you have defined for your server in the interfaces file.
        Be careful not to duplicate the same IP/port. Your clients
        can then use whichever query entry is applicable to their
        subnet.

-am

Multiple IP addresses and SYBASE

Post by Saba » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

the server cannot listen on multiple IP addresses but can do so on
multiple port numbers of the same IP address. this could be done by
having multiple entries in the INTERFACES file.

> Hi,
>     I was wondering how you could setup Sybase so that one
>   dataserver can listen on Multiple IP addresses. We are running
>   Sybase 11.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1.

>      TIA

>               Andrew Greer

Multiple IP addresses and SYBASE

Post by Abie Grober » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

With multiple network listners both work.
One ip address with diffrent port numbers
Or if you have mor then one ethernet card or ar using
ethernet aliasing.
Then you can also have multiple ip addresses

> the server cannot listen on multiple IP addresses but can do so on
> multiple port numbers of the same IP address. this could be done by
> having multiple entries in the INTERFACES file.

> > Hi,
> >     I was wondering how you could setup Sybase so that one
> >   dataserver can listen on Multiple IP addresses. We are running
> >   Sybase 11.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1.

> >      TIA

> >               Andrew Greer

1. Newbie question Binding sybase to Multiple IP addresses -- How

I am trying to bind port 2052 to multiple ip addresses on the UNIX platform

that is running Oracle server.

I can run the client with no problems on 1 ip address, but the other ip
address
does not allow me to enter at port 2052. It is pingable and telnet-able,
but I
cannot run at port 2052.

What am I doing wrong?
(Sorry, I am trying to help someone else and I know very little Sybase).

TIA,
=======================================
Matthew Birkner, Project Engineer, BNCS
MCI
7000 Weston Parkway
Cary, NC 27513
919-677-4723 VNET: 966-4723

2. NLS_Sort

3. Sql IP Listners on multiple IP Addresses

4. Error Opening Anlysis Server

5. Multiple IP-Addresses/Multiple Listener

6. JDBC + Linux + IngresII = True?

7. Client with multiple IP address

8. XEON MP?

9. Multiple tables with IP addresses

10. IIS/SQL Server Multiple IP address

11. multiple sql group question on IP Address

12. STOP? listening on multiple IP address

13. How to configure TNSNAMES.ORA to look at multiple IP Addresses for one service