like operator does not work with jconnect and VERSION_6 setting

like operator does not work with jconnect and VERSION_6 setting

Post by Thomas Cort » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:09:55

Hello,

we are accessing a 12.5 ASE with jConnect 5.5. To get wide table support
(varchar with length > 255), we set the connection property
JCONNECT_VERSION to 6, as described in the jconnect documentation.

Strangely, this seems to affect the 'like' operator - a query with
'like' doesn't find anything, whether or not the search string contains
wildcards. Switching back to JCONNECT_VERSION: 5 restores the functionality.

Has anyone here seen that problem already?

Regards,

--
Thomas Corte

like operator does not work with jconnect and VERSION_6 setting

Post by Thomas Cort » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:30:30

Hi,

> Strangely, this seems to affect the 'like' operator - a query with
> 'like' doesn't find anything, whether or not the search string contains
> wildcards. Switching back to JCONNECT_VERSION: 5 restores the
> functionality.

In the meantime I found out that the problem actually seems to be
located in statement parameter substitution... at least, it can be
solved by setting LITERAL_PARAMS to true.

Regards,

--
Thomas Corte