Undescribed error messages

Post by a.. » Sat, 13 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I got these error messages from DB-library Client:
Severity 10 Error 20161 Msg: General operating system error.
Severity 9 Error 20006 Msg: Write to SQL Server failed.
There is no description in available documentation
Please help!

Undescribed error messages

Hi,

Post by Tony Basog » Wed, 17 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I got these error messages from DB-library Client:

>Severity 10 Error 20161 Msg: General operating system error.
>Severity 9 Error 20006 Msg: Write to SQL Server failed.

>There is no description in available documentation
>Please help!

The reason you are not finding any description in Sybase Documentation
is because these are user errors...

Any error number greater than 20000 is generated by some user written
routine(see raiserror command).  Talk to the person who wrote the
application for the description of these errors.

TonyB

Post by Yuri Artemo » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> >Hi,

> >I got these error messages from DB-library Client:

> >Severity 10 Error 20161 Msg: General operating system error.
> >Severity 9 Error 20006 Msg: Write to SQL Server failed.

> >There is no description in available documentation
> >Please help!
> The reason you are not finding any description in Sybase Documentation
> is because these are user errors...

> Any error number greater than 20000 is generated by some user written
> routine(see raiserror command).  Talk to the person who wrote the
> application for the description of these errors.

> TonyB

Nevertheless, these error numbers are defined by Sybase (not by user).
See the header file sybdb.h. There are symbol definitions for them:

#define SYBEWRIT        20006   /* Write to SQL Server failed. */
#define SYBEGENOS       20161   /* General Operating System Error.*/

But descriptions are not found.

Yuri Artemov

Post by Tor Didriks » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

   >Hi,
   >I got these error messages from DB-library Client:
   >
   >Severity 10 Error 20161 Msg: General operating system error.
   >Severity 9 Error 20006 Msg: Write to SQL Server failed.
   >
   >
   >There is no description in available documentation
   >Please help!
   The reason you are not finding any description in Sybase Documentation
   is because these are user errors...

   Any error number greater than 20000 is generated by some user written
   routine(see raiserror command).  Talk to the person who wrote the
   application for the description of these errors.

Check out $SYBASE/include/sybdb.h

/* DB-LIBRARY minor error numbers */
#define SYBEWRIT        20006   /* Write to SQL Server failed. */
#define SYBEGENOS       20161   /* General Operating System Error.*/

to me it looks like dblib was unable to write to the socket used for
server communication. use 'strings' on libsybdb.a, and you'll see the
same messages.

-- tor

1. Undescribed DB-Library Errors

I got these error messages from DB-Library Client 10.0
simultaneously during an execution of "dbrpcsend" function:

 Severity 10 Error 20161 Msg: General operating system error.
 Severity 9 Error 20006 Msg: Write to SQL Server failed.

There is no description of these messages in available
documentation.
Please help with such description.

2. Anybody saving recordset as XML???

3. Help:Record/Key Deleted message and Error message Numbers

4. ado open for access 97?

5. getting message description using message error code..

6. Error message: once-fine, twice-ponder.

7. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

8. upgrading to service pack 3

9. Read error messages from message-area

10. Getting the full error message, not just @@ERROR.

11. How to trap error messages of @@error?

12. How to replace SQL Errors with custom Error messages

13. Error on database Restore and timeout error message