PD ER diagrammer?

Post by Frank D. Grec » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:17:17

Anyone know of a public domain ER tool that can
diagram a database.

I know that ERwin can do this, but that cost $$.

Thanks,

Frank
+=========================================+
| Crossroads Technologies Inc.            |
| Enterprise Java Engineering             |
|   Web: www.CrossroadsTech dot com       |

+=========================================+

PD ER diagrammer?

Post by Anthony Mandi » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:08:28

> Anyone know of a public domain ER tool that can
> diagram a database.

> I know that ERwin can do this, but that cost $$.

        I'm not aware of any free ones. Perhaps a Google search might turn up
        something. However, most of the commercial products have evaluation
        copies available.

-am     ? 2003

PD ER diagrammer?

Post by Wolfgang Loc » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:18:09

Quote:> > Anyone know of a public domain ER tool that can
> > diagram a database.

> > I know that ERwin can do this, but that cost $$.

> I'm not aware of any free ones. Perhaps a Google search might turn up
> something. However, most of the commercial products have evaluation
> copies available.

A free tool is DIA
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/
There are also some scripts to create DDL statements from .dia files
(with limited success).

Sybase PowerDesigner is much better, but it costs $$$.

Wolfgang