Locked Tables

Post by Octavius Gome » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello to everyone!

This is the scenario.  A client executes a stored procedure from
Powerbuilder, then gets a ct-lib error and is disconnected.  Looking in
Sybase, the process is gone in that in sysprocesses, the spid is no
longer there.  I can do an sp_who and verify that.  However, if I do an
sp_lock, the table locks are still there for that particular spid.  Has
anyone encountered a scenario like this?  And if so, how do you release
those locks besides bouncing the server?  If I do a kill command for
that spid, nothing happens since its not in sysprocesses.  I'm using
Sybase 11.02 on HP-UX 10.2.

Thanks in advance.

Octavius Gomez

1. HELP please on LOCK TABLE statement in program

KenParis schrieb:

   For my opinion, LOCK table will not be supported by SQL Server. For
locking a table in exclusive mode use a select count(*) for this table
with optimizer hint (EXCLUSIVE LOCK).

Kay Erkmann

2. unterminated string error

3. Enterprise Manager Query Tool Locking table in Mode IS

4. Altering checkpoint template file

5. Locked table

6. Wish to buy POS Fox source code

7. HELP!! LOCKING TABLES PROB

8. OAS

9. Locking table when deletion is make

10. insert lock table.

11. ODBC Error Locking Table

12. Pb : ACC97 and SQL6.5 locked tables

13. BCP Prob: locking table , how to unlock?