tempdb fills up

Post by Erik Duiste » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

We are running sybase 4.9.1 on HP-UX A09.04.
A couple of time a year we run in the situation that
tempdb is filled up with temporary tables.
(Probably the tables created with select into #...)

As far as I know, the only way to recover from this situation
is restarting the sybase server.

Does anybody know if there is a way to prevent the tempdb
from filling up? If not, is there a way to correct the situation
online?

Regards,

Erik Duisters

tempdb fills up

Post by r l re » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

You won't figure that out until you figure out what programs are
filling it and what they are doing at the time.  However,if
you are correct that you have lots of program doing select into a
tempdb table, then it sounds like you just plain need to allocate more
space for tempdb.

Disk is cheap these days....

--

microtonal resources and what not at: http://www.panix.com/~ro/

1. Question about filling up tempdb

I have a question about MSSQL server 6.5 and a query.  Sorry if the
question is too simple.

Which is more likely to fill up tempdb--

1.  A query containing two nested queries, or
2.  A select distinct within a nested query.

Both contain the same tables.

Thanks again, SQL server gurus!!

Margie

2. Data Metrics

3. HELP - TEMPDB LOG FILLING UP!!

4. Create Application

5. tempdb filling with odbc stored procedures

6. thresholds

7. Problem with ms sqlserver and tempdb filling up (object sysprocedures)

8. Simple PreparedStatement gets "Must declare the variable '@P11'." exception

9. why is my tempdb filling up?

10. Client side cursor causes tempdb to fill

11. tempdb keeps on filling up!

12. Tempdb is filling up

13. TEMPDB filling up