images and sybase

Post by James Meri » Thu, 26 Nov 1992 02:38:27

I need to find out if sybase can handle images along with the textual data.  If it can,
I need to find out what format the images are stored, and how they are stored
and retieved, and if there exist any image manipulating features.

I would appreciate not only answers but even hints on where to look (a POC and
name/address would help).

Please respond by email.  Thank you.

The opinions above are mine.  If anyone else wants to share them, fine.
They may say so if they wish. The facts "belong" to noone and simply are.
--

Post by Mark Parso » Thu, 26 Nov 1992 03:53:38

|> I need to find out if sybase can handle images along with the textual data.  If it can,
|> I need to find out what format the images are stored, and how they are stored
|> and retieved, and if there exist any image manipulating features.
|>
|> I would appreciate not only answers but even hints on where to look (a POC and
|> name/address would help).

Sybase can handle pics, and the examples they send with APT 5.0(or
do they come with the server code?) come in PICT, TIF and Sun raster
file formats.  I would think you could store them in any mode since
it's a series of bytes that you're storing.

As for the image manipulating 'stuff' . . . APT(nor Sybase?) come
with this stuff . .you have to find your own viewers, composers,
de-composers, etc. . . .  As for hints on where to look? . . sorry,
I haven't played with pic datatypes so I can't help you there :-(

OK, I'll dig into my change that's left over . .. .

$0.92 still left!

Mark

--
Mark A. Parsons

1. Saving images to Sybase

Hi,

Do you have any pointers about saving jpegs, Macintosh PICTs and Win32
bmp into Sybase/MS SQL tables?

Does Sybase have a built-in field for images?

I have used some db engines that they have a 'jpeg' column datatype.

Perhaps the Sybase engine has stored procedures to handle saving images
into tables.  I am very ignorant of handling images in Sybase.

Can you suggest any thing?

--

Cheers,

Dr Gerard Hammond
Garvan Institute of Medical Research

Compatible: Blows up a little later than Incompatible.

2. baud rate setting

3. retrieve an image from sybase

4. MSAccess/VB4

5. storing images in sybase 11.5

6. sql error 27002

7. Saving images to Sybase

8. Archive error 78

9. Images in Sybase 11.1.1

10. Storing images in Sybase Adaptive server

12. images in sybase

13. storing binary image in Sybase