Creating procs from procs

Post by John Bish » Thu, 09 Mar 1995 01:28:03

A while ago I saw a posting regarding creating procedures from
procedures.  Could somebody refresh my memory on this.  Was it
a two step process where a UNIX script invoked one proc that
created a script, the the second was invoked?

An example would be appreciated.

JB

Creating procs from procs

Post by XIAOMUN.. » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 07:24:47

>A while ago I saw a posting regarding creating procedures from
>procedures.  Could somebody refresh my memory on this.  Was it
>a two step process where a UNIX script invoked one proc that
>created a script, the the second was invoked?
>An example would be appreciated.
>JB

I've written procedures which generate trigger scripts as output.
The general approach is
Select "Select " + name + " From " + object_name(id)
From syscolumns where object_name(id) = "mytable"
But the procedure is of course lots more complicated.

my Compuserve account.
Bob Munson

1. Output/Return Values from PROCS within PROCS

Okay heres the situation:

Ive got a stored proc that accepts input params and these input params
are then passed onto either one of 2 procs (within the same master proc)
depending on the user's id. The reason for passing to a choice of

anyone of these 2 sub procs. i.e

1. MAIN PROC

CREATE procedure MyProcedure_1

as

           --the identity from either one of the sub procs]
begin
set nocount on

--referenceid number to return back

set nocount off
end
GO

2. SUB PROC
In each of the procs I have:

different from 0 now in the MAIN PROC because it was altered in the SUB

Please can some one point out why am I not getting the right output

Cheers K.Y

2. ADO 2.5 and IIS Event log 7021

3. Problem with s.Procs calling s.Procs

4. A class for handling .dbf files

5. PROCS or no PROCS?

6. Sql 6.5 Integrated with Notes

7. Creating new Store procs or use prev SQL version of one

8. Where to create procs

9. Creating Extended Procs: easy?

10. Possible to create timed stored procs?

11. create replication procs as dbo(revised)

12. create procs as dbo