asynchronous dblib calls

Post by Thomas R. Kimpt » Wed, 14 Oct 1992 09:38:15

Is there anyone out there using DBLib from Macintosh's?

In order to speed up an application I have, to deal with
real-time input, I need to be able to do asynchronous
calls to the database.  I've looked through the manuals
but have only found VMS calls.  Does anyone know of a
way to get the Mac calls to run asynchronously?

Thanks, Tom.

--
---

Digital Technology Int.                (801)226-2984
500 W. 1200 South, Orem UT, 84057      FAX (801) 226-8438

1. Asynchronous call to xp_sendmail

I have an insert(& update) trigger which sends a user an email (xp_sendmail)
when certain conditions are met. Due to this there is a slight delay in the
client application whenever these conditions are true (ie the trigger does
not return until xp_sendmail has finished).

Is it possible to execute xp_sendmail (or a block of TSQL code)
asynchronously (ie make the trigger return without waiting for xp_sendmail
to return).

Currently we are using SQL ver 6.5 but would also welcome any comments on
ver 7 about this issue.

Thanks
Sam

2. Selecting middle rows from database

3. Asynchronous Stored Procedure Call from ASP

4. Global Change of collation in SQL 2000?

5. MTX and asynchronous calls using 100% CPU

6. Asynchronous processing on ADO

7. calls to stored procs: synchronous or asynchronous?

8. MaskEdit Control and Date are driving me nuts!!!!

9. DB-Library Asynchronous calls

10. VI - Asynchronous Stored Proc Calls?

11. Asynchronous database calls to Oracle

12. Call to AppendChunk asynchronous?

13. Asynchronous method calls