Accesing Sybase (NT) from Unix stations

Post by Manuel Corde » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this...

We have a new client that, for monetary reasons, wants to run Sybase on an
Windows NT machine.  However, all the clients are running some flavor of
Unix.

We are able to access Sybase servers on the same network which are running
Sybase on Solaris from the Unix clients.

Now, the question is:  Is there something different that needs to be do
from the client side to access a Sybase server running on NT instead of an
Sybase server running on Solaris?

Another question:  How easy/hard it is to run backups from the NT Sybase
server to a tape drive which is on a different (Unix) box.   Usually you
run a backup server on that machine, but the problem is that we will be
getting an NT backup server.  Not a Unix backup server.

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Manuel

Accesing Sybase (NT) from Unix stations

Post by Henrik Bruu » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> We are able to access Sybase servers on the same network which are running
> Sybase on Solaris from the Unix clients.

> Now, the question is:  Is there something different that needs to be do
> from the client side to access a Sybase server running on NT instead of an
> Sybase server running on Solaris?

It should work just fine, but make sure that TCP/IP is enabled for both the NT
Server and for the Sybase Server.

Henrik Bruun

CompuServe:  73501,1261
Homepage:    http://www.jaxnet.com/~henrik

1. Tools Oracle on UNIX/NT + SQLServer on NT + Tools for UNIX/NT(system)

Hi!

I  am looking for a combined tool(s) for Oracle on Unix (Sequent) + NT,
SQLServer and tools for the performance/capacity planning on Unix and
NT. They must also been able to send/receive SNMP traps.
So if anybody has experience or knows a good (combined) tool for these
products, please let me know.

Thanks
Paul

2. Paradox8 Form design selected object grey outline

3. VB6 Routine to Run DTS on SQL 2000

4. MD-Fort Meade-259589--SYBASE-UNIX-Windows NT-ORACLE-Lotus Notes-Sybase Developer

5. VBscript runtime error '800a01ad'

6. MA-BOSTON-100240--UNIX-ORACLE-SYBASE-Senior Architect - UNIX/ORACLE, UNIX/SYBASE - (General Director)

7. Sybase on NT vs Sybase on Unix

8. Migrating from Sybase for Unix 4.9 to Sybase for NT 11.5

9. NT Sybase vs Unix Sybase performance