Can I create a device on a 4.0G raw partition?
I've a big problem and I don't know what else I can do to solve it.
I'm working with Sybase 11.9.2 and Linux Red Hat 7.2
I want to create the raw devices for my databases.
1. creation logical block partition with "fdisk" (/dev/sdb6) with the
2. bind of block partition (/dev/sdb6) to an existing character
partition (raw device) (/dev/raw/raw1 =>major: 162 , minor: 1) with the
(I've also tried with a non-existing character partition with
(mknod --mode=660 /dev/raw1 c 162 1) and I have the same problems)
3. so: raw -qa => /dev/raw/raw1: bound to major 8, minor 2
(corresponds to /dev/sdb6)
4. chown sybase.sybase /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/sdb6 /dev/rawctl
5. chmod 660 /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/sdb6 /dev/rawctl
Now, in the ASE 11.9.2 installation: on the graphical interface provided by
master device path: /dev/raw/raw1 => It tells me "Unable to access to
if I go: master device path : /dev/sdb6 It's OK for him but I'd like to
get to the partition in character mode (/dev/raw/raw1) and not in block mode
Any help would be very very highly appreciated.