11.9.3 ASE 64-bit on Solaris 7 with >5GB memory

11.9.3 ASE 64-bit on Solaris 7 with >5GB memory

Post by Surfer Jo » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

We are thinking about upgrading our 11.0.3.3 ASE to 64-bit 11.9.3 running on
Solaris 7 to take advantage of the larger process space.

So far, we have come across a bug with sp_sysmon where values related to
data cache sizes are computed using int. These functions failed because our
caches were greater than 4 GB. I wonder what other pitfalls are awaiting.

Do anyone have experience using Sybase 11.x configured to use more than 4 GB
total memory? I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks,
Bisham Singh