ODBC Problem conn. to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large

ODBC Problem conn. to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large

Post by Christian Kettl » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 20:44:19

Hello all,

I have a problem using VB 3.0 and the Microsoft ODBC driver accessing the
Sybase database.

The error which occurs is "TDS bufferlength too large, query cancelled". The
fun thing about it is if I use the same sql-statement with Access 2.0 and the
same ODBC driver no problem occurs. The query just returns 2 records !

I can't find anything in the documentations. I am confident that anyone else
has encountered the same problem and might help me.

can't read this newsgroup frequentely.

Thanks
Chris

--
Christian Kettler
Business Administration                     Phone:    +49 (0)6151 / 16-???

D-64289 Darmstadt
Germany

Post by sbrit.. » Mon, 06 Feb 1995 18:16:23

> I have a problem using VB 3.0 and the Microsoft ODBC driver accessing the
> Sybase database.

> The error which occurs is "TDS bufferlength too large, query cancelled". The
> fun thing about it is if I use the same sql-statement with Access 2.0 and the
> same ODBC driver no problem occurs. The query just returns 2 records !

> I can't find anything in the documentations. I am confident that anyone else
> has encountered the same problem and might help me.

> can't read this newsgroup frequentely.

> Thanks
> Chris

Chris,

I ran into the same problem on my current project. I found that if I take the
SQL statement I am sending (via ODBC SQLExecute?) and paste it into the
program (SQL /L???) that it runs just fine. I think it may have to do with the
length of the string you are passing... Any more ideas??

Steve
"Binary Poet"

Post by JP.. » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.sybase
> Subject: Re: ODBC Problem conn. to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large
> Date: Sun, 05 Feb 95 09:16:23 PDT

> > I have a problem using VB 3.0 and the Microsoft ODBC driver accessing the
> > Sybase database.

> > The error which occurs is "TDS bufferlength too large, query cancelled".
The
> > fun thing about it is if I use the same sql-statement with Access 2.0 and
the
> > same ODBC driver no problem occurs. The query just returns 2 records !

> > I can't find anything in the documentations. I am confident that anyone
else
> > has encountered the same problem and might help me.

> > can't read this newsgroup frequentely.

> > Thanks
> > Chris

> Chris,

> I ran into the same problem on my current project. I found that if I take the
> SQL statement I am sending (via ODBC SQLExecute?) and paste it into the
> program (SQL /L???) that it runs just fine. I think it may have to do with
the
> length of the string you are passing... Any more ideas??

> Steve
> "Binary Poet"

I Ran into a strange ODBC problem that would not let me connect to my 4.9.2
server on AIX..if I tried to log in as a DBO...when I logged in as a regular
user..it all clears up.  Go figure.  :)

ODBC Problem conn. to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large

Post by David Lop » Sat, 13 May 1995 04:00:00

are you going against an openserver? if so you need to call up your dba and get
him/her to update the openserver to allow tds passthrough for 4.x dblib.

dave

> > Newsgroups: comp.databases.sybase
> > Subject: Re: ODBC Problem conn. to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large
> > Date: Sun, 05 Feb 95 09:16:23 PDT

> > > I have a problem using VB 3.0 and the Microsoft ODBC driver accessing the
> > > Sybase database.

> > > The error which occurs is "TDS bufferlength too large, query cancelled".
> The
> > > fun thing about it is if I use the same sql-statement with Access 2.0 and
> the
> > > same ODBC driver no problem occurs. The query just returns 2 records !

> > > I can't find anything in the documentations. I am confident that anyone
> else
> > > has encountered the same problem and might help me.

> > > can't read this newsgroup frequentely.

> > > Thanks
> > > Chris

> > Chris,

> > I ran into the same problem on my current project. I found that if I take the
> > SQL statement I am sending (via ODBC SQLExecute?) and paste it into the
> > program (SQL /L???) that it runs just fine. I think it may have to do with
> the
> > length of the string you are passing... Any more ideas??

> > Steve
> > "Binary Poet"

> I Ran into a strange ODBC problem that would not let me connect to my 4.9.2
> server on AIX..if I tried to log in as a DBO...when I logged in as a regular
> user..it all clears up.  Go figure.  :)

1. Problem using ODBC to connect to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large

[...]

2. Accessing an MS Access ODBC Remotely?

3. Unknown token received, Protocol error in TDS stream, TDS buffer length too large

4. Error 170 (T-SQL syntax) in procedure

5. SOS

6. ODBC error: TDS buffer length too large

7. ? S1000:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]TDS buffer length too large

8. FreeTDS vs Inline TDS: Problem with Inline TDS