Logical/Physical IO

Post by Rajes » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:45:14

How can we minimize logical and physical IO in ASE?

-Rp?

Logical/Physical IO

Post by Anthony Mandi » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:59:56

> How can we minimize logical and physical IO in ASE?

        truncate table <tablename>

-am     ? 2003

Logical/Physical IO

Post by Joseph Weinstei » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:10:42

> > How can we minimize logical and physical IO in ASE?

>         truncate table <tablename>

> -am     ? 2003

Or they could change all the passwords and not tell anybody. ;-)

For the time the DBMS is totally doing no logical or physical IO,
we could have the users, application designers and DBAs read the
Sybase tuning documentation so that when the powers that be interfere
with the 100% decrease in IO, they would have the basic grounding
in minimizing IO while still *using* the DBMS...

Joe

1. SQL Agent Excessive physical IO

Hi,

I am running SQL 7.0 sp 2 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

The "SQLAgent - Alert Engine" process running on msdb continually increases
its Physical_io until it eventually chokes the server.

The Inputbuffer result of this process is:
EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters

I do not have any alerts set up, barring the defaults that are set up with
the installation.   I am not sure of what this process is doing, and why it
does not clear itself down occasionally.

Thanks

2. Enabling webcompanion

3. Counting logical io during performance benchmarking

4. Grid text won't print! Help

5. **NY/NJ-DATA MODELER/PHYSICAL/LOGICAL/CASE-WANTED*******

6. Recover Database(7.0) on 2000

7. Importing physical and logical files from the AS400 to SQL7

8. Oracle 7.3.2.3 and Trusted Link EDI

9. logical/physical data model

10. logical/physical name of stored procedure

11. logical/physical/CASE design tools

12. Implementing Logical model to Physical Model

13. ******NY/NJ-DATA MODELERS/LOGICAL/PHYSICAL-WANTED*******