looking for a sybase reference book on every command

looking for a sybase reference book on every command

Post by Chris Busc » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I am looking for a sybase book that lists every command
that sybase has in alphabetical order. It should have at least 1
paragraph but no more than 1 page on each command.

Does this book exist?

(Basically every command in the "Quick Reference Guide for SQL Server
Release 11.0").
--

Member Services International

Post by Anthony Mandi » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> I am looking for a sybase book that lists every command
> that sybase has in alphabetical order. It should have at least 1
> paragraph but no more than 1 page on each command.

> Does this book exist?

> (Basically every command in the "Quick Reference Guide for SQL Server
> Release 11.0").

        You mean like in the SQL Server Reference Manual (Vols 1 & 2 -
        and not to mention the Reference Supplement).

-am

Post by Chris Busc » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> > I am looking for a sybase book that lists every command
> > that sybase has in alphabetical order. It should have at least 1
> > paragraph but no more than 1 page on each command.

> > Does this book exist?

> > (Basically every command in the "Quick Reference Guide for SQL Server
> > Release 11.0").

>         You mean like in the SQL Server Reference Manual (Vols 1 & 2 -
>         and not to mention the Reference Supplement).

> -am

I have searched high and low for these books and cannot find them.
Where
can I purchase them?

--

Post by Anthony Mandi » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> >         You mean like in the SQL Server Reference Manual (Vols 1 & 2 -
> >         and not to mention the Reference Supplement).

> I have searched high and low for these books and cannot find them.

        I have them on the bookshelf right behind me :-)
        I also have them on the Sybooks CD. You should too.
        And they are also online at Sybase's web site.

Quote:> Where can I purchase them?

        You can order them from your Sybase account manager.

-am

1. VB + databases: I am looking for resources, ie: reference books

Hello,

I am looking for a good book or an FTP site of texts or whatever to
assist me with some database programming in VB.

I have already got the VB Database Developers Guide by Jennings but
the book is quite weak in several areas of interest to me, such as:

- locking
- network hardware considerations in terms of spped
- how to trap network data erros (such as when the network is busy,
does VB report and error, or does it retry?)

thank you very much.

Srorry but my backspace key doesn't work: bad terminal emulation!!

--ross barclay

2. MSCOMM ActiveX / TTY sample

3. Looking For a Good Reference Book

4. Foxpro 2.5 For Mac

5. Looking for a Good VB Reference Book

6. DBLookupComboBox --HELP!--

7. Looking for a good Informix DBA Reference book

8. - jw009804 - Portland, Oregon - Oracle Developer O

9. new to Paradox - looking for a good reference book

10. Sybase Quick reference book

11. Sybase reference book

12. Sybase Reference Books

13. Looking for Sybase on VMS Microvax reference