connect APACHE webserver on LINUX to a Sybase ASE on windows 2000 Pro

connect APACHE webserver on LINUX to a Sybase ASE on windows 2000 Pro

Post by SOZW200 » Thu, 22 May 2003 23:08:56

Hi,

Can someone know, how can I connect an Apache server running on a Linux
machine to a Sybase ASE running on a Windows 2000 Pro ?

Thanks

Ne0

connect APACHE webserver on LINUX to a Sybase ASE on windows 2000 Pro

Post by Netrista Khata » Thu, 22 May 2003 23:31:41

Quote:> Hi,

> Can someone know, how can I connect an Apache server running on a Linux
> machine to a Sybase ASE running on a Windows 2000 Pro ?

> Thanks

> Ne0

Hello Ne0,
     Are you trying to create Web pages on Linux that pull data from Sybase? If so, are you using PERL, PHP, or some other scripting language? If I'm understanding you correctly, you should check out the HOWTO's on the iODBC.org web site. (The HOWTOs appear on the navigation bar to the left.)
     In essence, you would:
1. Acquire a driver manager and ODBC drivers and use them to establish a basic ODBC connection to Sybase.
2. Acquire an SDK that contains various data access header files.
3. Insure that you have all the Apache and PHP and/or PERL components that you needed.
4. Shutdown Apache and set ODBCINI, ODBCINSTINI, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and any other ODBC-pertinent environment variables.
5. Run a series of compilations involving the SDK header files, Apache files, and PERL/PHP files.
6. Turn on Apache.
7. Create your web page.
8. Test.
There's a bit more to it, but that's the basic idea.
Netrista Khatam
Technical Services Manager
OpenLink Software
Universal Data Access Middleware
http://www.openlinksw.com

connect APACHE webserver on LINUX to a Sybase ASE on windows 2000 Pro

Post by SOZW200 » Fri, 23 May 2003 16:48:01

Hi Netrista Khatam,

Thank you very much for your explaination.
I'm trying to create web pages on Linux that pull data from sybase running
on a Windows 2000 machine.
I use PHP to create the web pages.
I'm going to read the HOWTO's pages on the iODBC.org
Thanks you one more time

Ne0

Quote:> > Hi,

> > Can someone know, how can I connect an Apache server running on a Linux
> > machine to a Sybase ASE running on a Windows 2000 Pro ?

> > Thanks

> > Ne0

> Hello Ne0,
>      Are you trying to create Web pages on Linux that pull data from

Sybase? If so, are you using PERL, PHP, or some other scripting language? If
I'm understanding you correctly, you should check out the HOWTO's on the
iODBC.org web site. (The HOWTOs appear on the navigation bar to the left.)
Quote:>      In essence, you would:
> 1. Acquire a driver manager and ODBC drivers and use them to establish a

basic ODBC connection to Sybase.
Quote:> 2. Acquire an SDK that contains various data access header files.
> 3. Insure that you have all the Apache and PHP and/or PERL components that
you needed.
> 4. Shutdown Apache and set ODBCINI, ODBCINSTINI, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and any

other ODBC-pertinent environment variables.
Quote:> 5. Run a series of compilations involving the SDK header files, Apache

files, and PERL/PHP files.
Quote:> 6. Turn on Apache.

Post by Michael Pepple » Fri, 23 May 2003 18:25:51

> Hi Netrista Khatam,

> Thank you very much for your explaination. I'm trying to create web
> pages on Linux that pull data from sybase running on a Windows 2000
> machine.
> I use PHP to create the web pages.
> I'm going to read the HOWTO's pages on the iODBC.org Thanks you one more
> time

You can also download the Sybase client for linux, and use it directly in
php... - see http://linux.sybase.com

Michael

--
Michael Peppler                              Data Migrations, Inc.

1. ESQLC with Sybase Linux ASE and Apache Webserver

Hi!

I try to develope EmbeddedSQL Application running with CGI on Apache1.3.
The software works wehn it is started from the shell but not when it is
started
by Apache. So even the wwwrun user has the right environment variables
set it doesn't work (even it does with the wwwrun user from the shell).

There are no major errors when executing, but Inserts are not done and I
get
a -25001 error messgae von sqlcode when fetching data with a cursor.

Cany somebody help? This problem is driving me nuts....

Thank you,
Holger

2. how can I access SQL server via ODBC trusted connection?

3. Access 2000 to Sybase ASE 11 on a Linux Box

4. Oracle 8.1.7 + deployejb

5. native connect windows nt to linux ase server

6. # OPEN FILES (dBASE IN SCO UNIX)

7. Connecting to Linux ASE from 32 bit Windows Clients

8. ODBC client SDK for NT problem: answer

9. Sybase ASE 12.5 on Windows 2000

10. Windows 2000 and Sybase ASE 11.5.1

11. Problems connecting to Sybase ASe on Linux from WinNT

12. Linux Sybase ASE / Windows 98 ODBC Error 1157

13. Linux Apache WebServer + SQL Server 7.0?