DBBACKUP with SQLANYWHERE

Post by Guy Pilo » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

We use SQLANYWHERE 5.5.01 with PowerBuilder without any major problem.
When I use dbbackup on my NT4.0 server on my Database Server that =

running, the result seemed OK.  I had the Database file and the log
at the right directory, but when I tried to open this backup I have
a lot of problem.

I can't start the database with a log anymore.  With de change log
information utility from SQL Central, I changed de log File information
with no success.  I can open the db-file without any log file but when
I try to restore a log for this database file that does not work.

Any idea?

P.S. Have same problem on NT 3.51
 =

-- =

Guy Pilon, ift. a.  =

Pr=E9sident de Scribe-GDE
______________________________________
 =

  Association Professionnelle des
 informaticiens et informaticiennes
             du Qu=E9bec

Tel.: (514) 874-1626
      (418) 659-1216

Le seul regroupement de professionnels
en informatique vou=E9 =E0 l'avancement de
la profession au Qu=E9bec.
______________________________________

1. dbbackup script online? (Velpuri's book)

I have an older copy of Velpuri's  "Oracle Backup and Recovery
Handbook"  and am looking for a place to download the scripts
in Ch. 4  from.

If anybody knows a website that  has the dbbackup scripts
can you post it here please?

Thanks,
Chris O'Connor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Visual Source Safe 6.0 & Service Pack Installation

3. DBBackup on NetWare 4.11

4. Adding new Record

5. dbvalid and dbbackup when running multiple databases for SQL Anywhere

6. Metadata viewer and the repositiory

7. dbbackup & the -x Option

8. Como hacer Datawarehouse ....

9. dbbackup and the -n Option Versus the -r -n Options

10. DBBACKUP/etc.

11. MS SQL2000 vs Sybase SQLAnywhere

12. Sybase SQLAnywhere 5.0.5 as linked server trouble

13. Converting from Sybase SQLAnywhere 7 to MS SQL Server 2000