System 10 - DISK Array Problem

Post by DBA » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

We have a Sparc 1000 with 6 processors, 768 MB RAM and a bunch of disks.
The OS is Solaris 2.4.

One of the disk options is a DISK ARRAY with 6 trays of 3 GB each.

We have partitioned this array into even partitions of 250 MB each. We have a database which is going to spawn over 2 GB etc.

After creating the data-server, database, tables et al, we BCP the data from the existing production server (4.9.2) into this new data-server. (The two are on separate machines. We have allocated 512 MB to Sybase and have the latest EBF 4433 applied. (10.0.2.2)

We dump the database before and after BCP of the data. That works both on file system devices as well as tape devices. (No tape device is bigger than 2.0 GB)

When we try to do the first transaction log dump, we get error 4219 (unexpected end to the log page chain encountered)

We tried a similar scenario on another machine which is not using a disk array.
The dump tran works on that device. No problem there. We have the latest and greatest patches from Sun on the OS.

Question.

Has anyone tried to use a disk array on Sun and faced a similar problem ?

We would be glad to provide more details if anyone has any questions.

Pranava Doctor

1. Sun Storage Array and Sybase (4.9.2 or System 10)

Does anyone know if Sybase (4.9.2 or System 10) has been tested with
Sun's new Storage Array (SA)?  We're considering a SA configuration (a SS1000
and a 18 gig SA) and wondered if the SA and Sybase are compatible.  Any
experiences or comments would be welcome. Thanks in advance...

Ron

* Disclaimer - My opinions are my own...

2. Using OCI to get the METADATA !

3. 10.0.2/Solaris2.3, Fast/Wide SCSI and Boxhill disk problems

4. MSHFlexGrid row removal

5. Sybase 10 install problem on large disk

6. How to convert JMF based program from win32 to Linux x-windows?

7. HELP - SYBASE System 10 / OpenClient 10.0.2 P2 / FTP PCTCP stack

8. NEW ERA EXAMPLES

9. Upgrading System 10.0.1 to 10.0.2

10. Problem with System 10 ODBC driver under Visual Basic

11. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

12. Problem With Sybase 11 system(10) ODBC error

13. Sybase System 10 ODBC Problem!