Where to download ASE 10????

Post by ma » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:29:23

Hi,

Does anyone know where to download ASE 10???

Thank you.

Where to download ASE 10????

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:51:56

> Does anyone know where to download ASE 10???

        ASE 10?

-am     ? 2003

Where to download ASE 10????

Post by Karl Ritte » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:31:00

I think he ment

Sybase SQL Server  Release 10

> > Does anyone know where to download ASE 10???

> ASE 10?

> -am ? 2003

Where to download ASE 10????

Post by ma » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:42:43

I mean Adaptive Server Enterprise v.10. Right now the only available
version on Sybase.com is ASE v.12.5, but I really need ASE v.10 for
some testing.

> I think he ment

> Sybase SQL Server  Release 10

> > > Does anyone know where to download ASE 10???

> > ASE 10?

> > -am ? 2003

Where to download ASE 10????

Post by Anthony Mandi » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:36:45

> I mean Adaptive Server Enterprise v.10. Right now the only available
> version on Sybase.com is ASE v.12.5, but I really need ASE v.10 for
> some testing.

        Well, first some nomenclature. There was no ASE 10. It was
        called Sybase SQL Server 10. The name was changed to ASE with
        version 11.5.

        As for version 10, you'd be lucky to find an old copy since
        its '93 or '94 vintage. I'd be curious to know what you'd need
        to test with it though.

-am     ? 2003

Where to download ASE 10????

Post by Lyle H. Gra » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:19:54

Quote:>      Well, first some nomenclature. There was no ASE 10. It was
>      called Sybase SQL Server 10. The name was changed to ASE with
>      version 11.5.

At that time, Sybase also issued a statement that version 11.0 would
retroactively be called Adaptive Server Enterprise...

Where to download ASE 10????

Post by David Owe » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:36:16

>>      Well, first some nomenclature. There was no ASE 10. It was
>>      called Sybase SQL Server 10. The name was changed to ASE with
>>      version 11.5.

> At that time, Sybase also issued a statement that version 11.0 would
> retroactively be called Adaptive Server Enterprise...

None of which answers the original question.  To wit, you cannot download
System 10 (which is what it was first called, I believe).  System 10 was
out dated a  l o n g  time ago.  If you have a support contract with
Sybase, they *may* be amenable to getting you a copy from the archives, I
don't know.  Prepared to bet that they would not offer you any support
though ;-)

dowen
--

Maintainer of the Sybase FAQ: http://www.isug.com/Sybase_FAQ