Sybase 4.9.2 and 605 error

Post by r. palestin » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I've been plagued recently by the Sybase 605 error.  We are running our
application on an HP T500 under Unix 9.  This error indicates a data
corruption in memory and has brought our server down repeatedly.  Any help
would be appreciated .

Thanks,
Bob P.

Sybase 4.9.2 and 605 error

Post by bernhard.will.. » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I've been plagued recently by the Sybase 605 error.  We are running our
>application on an HP T500 under Unix 9.  This error indicates a data
>corruption in memory and has brought our server down repeatedly.  Any help
>would be appreciated .
>Thanks,
>Bob P.

We had 605 errors running System 10.x on HP-UX 9.04 using asynchronous
raw disk i/o on block devices. It frequently occured when  the load
was extremely high. Sybase discovered  the minor device number of the
async device driver  (/dev/async) was incorrect.  The third bit should
not be set. Sybase adviced us to set the minor device number to 0x4 or
0x0.
SInce we changed it, the 605 errors disappeared.
Maybe  this info helps.

Bernhard Willems
B/AC Apeldoorn,  Holland