Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere compatiblity with Windows 2003 Server

Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere compatiblity with Windows 2003 Server

Post by misoza » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:46:54

1.  Is Version 6 compatible with Windows 2003 Server?  Even though
this is an older version, my client is using an application based on
Version 6 and needs to know if they need to get Windows 2000 Server or
Windows 2003 Server.

2.  Is Version 8 compatible with Windows 2003 Server?

Marty

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:58:29

> 1.  Is Version 6 compatible with Windows 2003 Server?  Even though
> this is an older version, my client is using an application based on
> Version 6 and needs to know if they need to get Windows 2000 Server or
> Windows 2003 Server.

> 2.  Is Version 8 compatible with Windows 2003 Server?

        Sybase have a compatibility matrix on their web site. Even if its
        not certified it may work but won't be supported.

-am     ? 2003

Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere compatiblity with Windows 2003 Server

Post by willy_and_the_c » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:55:03

Hiya,

Version 6 is supported on Windows 2000, since then it has been End of
Life'd. No further code improvements or bug fixes.

Cheers
Willy

Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere compatiblity with Windows 2003 Server

Post by misoza » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:18:42

Thanks, Willy.  Just what I was looking for.

Marty

1. D4 / Sybase SQL Anywhere / Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0

Hi there,

I'm having real problems getting to grips with my first app using this
database, and would be greatful for any help ...

The "reading" / Querying side of Sybase is excellent. Very very good
speeds..

But posting records to it is a nightmare!

Basically I'm using ttables (well, Infopower's twwtables, actually) in big
append / post loops ....  Works a treat against Paradox tables, but
performance against the Sybase is attrocious ... 1 post on a 40 column
table every 3 seconds. Is there a better way to do this posting ???

I read a post in this (maybe another) group, saying that the problem was
with the way ODBC sets AUTOCOMMIT to true ....  meaning that every
ttable.Post is actually a transaction which is being fully committed. And
that the way to overcome this was to set the SQLPASSTHRU MODE in the BDE to
SHARED NOAUTOCOMMIT .... (I've done this and still no joy) ...

Most of my D1/2/3/4 work over these last years has been on Paradox tables,
with a small diversion into Interbase.

I'm I missing a basic point?  All help greatfully received ...

Many thanks,

Jason Hankin

2. Oracle Applications 11

3. MS SQL Server or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere

4. latest item in dimension as standard

5. Sybase Adaptive Server/Anywhere plug-ins for Sybase Central

6. SQL Server 7 Remote Enterprise

7. Confused about Windows 2003 Server CAL's and SQL Server Licenses

8. Syscharsets Error Open Client For OS/2

9. SQL Server 2000 Setup Procedure on Windows Server 2003

10. SQL 2000 Server SP3 and Windows Server 2003

11. Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

12. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

13. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003