ODBC driver/MSAccess/Sybase

Post by Mark Papp » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

We have a Digital UNIX Sybase Server version 10 from which we'd like
manipulate data using Microsoft Access v.2.0 in WFW 3.11.
We're using TCP/IP.

I'm having difficulty with the ODBC driver installation.
Although I believe I'm following all the steps properly,
I'm getting Connection Failed errors.

Please email me directly if you have solved this problem.

Thanks,

Mark Pappas

Post by Mischa Sandbe » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>We have a Digital UNIX Sybase Server version 10 from which we'd like
>manipulate data using Microsoft Access v.2.0 in WFW 3.11.
>We're using TCP/IP.
>I'm having difficulty with the ODBC driver installation.
>Although I believe I'm following all the steps properly,
>I'm getting Connection Failed errors.

It would help if you could post the exact error message (the string
that typically begins with "[Microsoft][Sybase Server][...]..." etc.
or whatever.

If you get nothing but connection failed, check that the SYBASE
environment variable is set pointing to the directory containing the
CTLIB .DLL's before you start ACCESS. I assume that you have covered
details such as having the correct user name and password.

1. Sybase ODBC driver from MSACCESS

I am having a problem with the sybase ODBC driver through msaccess to run queries against
our database.  If the query takes longer than about 60 seconds, it times out.  Has anybody
else seen this problem?  How do you fix it?

Thanks,

Dean Junk

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of 3M.

2. ADO and Index

3. MSAccess ODBC driver & ODBC libraries

4. Class creation to model tables

5. Where to get MSAccess ODBC Driver

6. Copy Table

7. MSAccess ODBC driver slow-down on upgrade from VC++ 5.0 to 6.0

8. Stored Procedure Parameter not very efficient

9. JDBC/ODBC MSAccess driver not capable

10. Problem with MSACCESS ODBC Driver

11. Which ODBC driver for MSAccess?

12. Sybase, MSAccess, ODBC, and PC-NFS