Avoid password prompting at connect?

Post by K Brad » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I am trying to automate a process that accesses my Sybase (Linux release)
tables via ODBC from an NT workstation.  The open client prompts my for a
password; I'd like to avoid that prompt from occuring since my automated
routine is effectively frozen by the prompt.

I've tried creating a user with no password, but that does not work either.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Kelly

Avoid password prompting at connect?

Post by Larr » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Kelly,

It seems as though you ought to be able to pass the password as part of
your connection string, using the -P option.  Are you doing this (or
trying to)?  If so, perhaps you could post your connection string; there
may be some other problem with it.

                                            Larry

Quote:> Hello,

> I am trying to automate a process that accesses my Sybase (Linux
release)
> tables via ODBC from an NT workstation.  The open client prompts my
for a
> password; I'd like to avoid that prompt from occuring since my
automated
> routine is effectively frozen by the prompt.

> I've tried creating a user with no password, but that does not work
either.

> Any ideas would be appreciated!
> Kelly

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Avoid username/password prompt when opening an Access project

Scenario:  We have a VB client/server application with SQL Server and
would like to use an Access project so the end user can create and
print reports from within the Access project.

We can easily open the reports from the VB application, but the Access
project prompts the username/password for the connection to the SQL
database.  The user has already entered this information into the VB
app, so we don't want this prompt to be shown again.  Since SQL Server
is using permissions, we can't just allow the Access project to have a
single, "anyone can use it", connection.

1.  Can we save the project as a disconnected project and then
programmatically re-establish the connection?
2.  Open the project with some starting form as invisible and then
drop/recreate the connection?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. report bug

3. 'connect intrnal' password prompt

4. HELP!! - ORA-00600

5. Can connect internal prompted with password ???

6. ram drive

7. Connect internal password prompt problem on Unix

8. CA-San Diego-266954--MS Office-Customer Support-PRODUCT COORDINATOR

9. Avoiding Log-on Prompt

10. avoid login prompt with ODBC databases

11. dynamically created session and database : cannot avoid login prompt - fine with default session

12. DTS - password prompt

13. SQL Prompting for Notes password