Using Sybase DBD under NT?

Post by Gregory Trav » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

We're doing a cross-platform development using Sybase on both
Linux and NT with Perl as the CGI scripting language.

We've not been able to use Michael Peppler's Sybase DBD under NT however -
it fails during the build phase on NT.

Anyone have any pointers or fixes to this?  Is there an alternative way
to use Sybase through the DBI in Perl?  We've not tried (and don't
want to try if we can help it) sybperl.

Thanks,

greg
--
gregory travis     |"If you want to build this rich functionality and you're

-------------------|But since Windows NT Embedded already has the rich Windows
NT feature set, developers can provide more functionally rich solutions..."

Using Sybase DBD under NT?

Post by Scaravaggi Dieg » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I suggest to use  cooked Sybase DBD available for free
in activestate package archive

It works fine for me!

> We're doing a cross-platform development using Sybase on both
> Linux and NT with Perl as the CGI scripting language.

> We've not been able to use Michael Peppler's Sybase DBD under NT
however -
> it fails during the build phase on NT.

> Anyone have any pointers or fixes to this?  Is there an alternative
way
> to use Sybase through the DBI in Perl?  We've not tried (and don't
> want to try if we can help it) sybperl.

> Thanks,

> greg
> --
> gregory travis     |"If you want to build this rich functionality and
you're

scratch.
> -------------------|But since Windows NT Embedded already has the rich
Windows
> NT feature set, developers can provide more functionally rich
solutions..."

--
Scaravaggi Diego
via Leonardo da Vinci, 14 24050 Lurano (BG) Italy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. problems connecting to a ms sql server (using DBD-Sybase and sybase libs)

the problem is this....

I have installed the sybase libraries and the dbd-sybase perl module
but when a i do a make test i get this error message.

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5 -e 'use Test::Harness

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "default",
        LC_ALL = "default",
        LANG = (unset)
t/autocommit........perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "default",
        LC_ALL = "default",
        LANG = (unset)

The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load
localization
files!!
One or more following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is /opt/sybase-12.5/OCS-12_5. Check the
environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Using locale name "default" defined in environment variable LC_ALL
install_driver(Sybase) failed: DBD::Sybase initialize: cs_ctx_alloc()
failed
at /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 219.

what am i doing wrong??
i have the SYBASE variable pointing to the correcto sybase directory
(/opt/sybase-12.5/OCS-12_5), i think it's something with the locale
files
but i'm not shure.

thanks for the help

2. One publication vs. several

3. DBD::Sybase 0.91 fails to Build/install on Windows NT

4. Question for Sun experts

5. Perl DBD::Sybase on NT

6. What app uses *.bs2 file types?

7. Problem selecting a column from a view in Sybase using DBI/DBD

8. Informix User's Group

9. problem on using DBD:Sybase on Linux

10. using DBD::Sybase

11. DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question

12. DBD load error on NT.

13. DBD::Informix -- binary distribution for Win NT?