ado return /output parameters

Post by Ben Mosel » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 23:27:43

Hi there!

I don't seem to be able to retrieve return values or output parameters
from stored procedures via ado command parameter objects. They are
always empty on return from execution.

I'm using vb6 sp4, ado 2.5, Sybase ASE ODBC 03.50.0100, Sybase
12.0.0.2

This must have happened to someone else!!!

Thanks in advance

Ben

ado return /output parameters

Post by Jeremy Chub » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 23:33:54

Ben,

I seem to remember having simialr problems using ADO and also RDO with the
ASE 12.0 ODBC driver. From what I can remeber I think we managed to work
around the problem by using the ASE 11.9.2 ODBC driver. This seemed to
work correctly.

Hope that helps

Jeremy

Jeremy Chubb
Sybase DBA

Quote:> Hi there!

> I don't seem to be able to retrieve return values or output parameters
> from stored procedures via ado command parameter objects. They are
> always empty on return from execution.

> I'm using vb6 sp4, ado 2.5, Sybase ASE ODBC 03.50.0100, Sybase
> 12.0.0.2

> This must have happened to someone else!!!

> Thanks in advance

> Ben

1. Can't pass return value or output parameter to ADO if storeproc updates

In the following procedure I get output parameter without update sql part,
and don't get it with update.
I need to run update records and pass an output parameter to ADO in VB.
How can we pass output parameter when we update rows in stored procedure?

For your reference return value or output parameter are not passed to ADO
command parameters if it's not associated with select statement.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q194/7/92.ASP

Thank you very much
---------------------stored procedure

as

update idname
    set price = 1000

select id from idname

2. Oracle Applications support stopped ?

3. ADO Newbie; Return output parameters from Stored Procedure

4. Personal Edition

5. Stored procedure returning empty output parameters or return value

6. odbc .net drivers

7. Return result set and return value/output parameter

8. VFP, ODBC or Oracle

9. Output parameter vs Input/Output parameter

10. Return values/output parameters from an anonymous block of t-sql

11. 'No output parameters returned' Error

12. Output parameter not returning value?

13. How to capture the return value and output parameter value of a stored procedure in VB