jConnect & Sun ONE

Post by Ryan Steck » Sun, 04 May 2003 06:58:04

Can anyone give me some information on setting up jConnect with the
Sun ONE Appserver(v.7)? I'm trying to setup a connection pool with the
SybDataSource class. When my application tries to grab a connection, I
get a SQL Exception saying that I need to install the required meta
data tables. However, I am unable to install tables into our
customer's database. There seems to be a USE_METADATA property that I
could set to false, but there doesn't seem like there is a way to set
it within the Appserver.

jConnect & Sun ONE

Post by Anthony Mandi » Mon, 05 May 2003 11:33:10

> Can anyone give me some information on setting up jConnect with the
> Sun ONE Appserver(v.7)? I'm trying to setup a connection pool with the
> SybDataSource class. When my application tries to grab a connection, I
> get a SQL Exception saying that I need to install the required meta
> data tables. However, I am unable to install tables into our
> customer's database.

        Is this a restriction on their part? Perhaps you could convince
        them that its required.

Quote:> There seems to be a USE_METADATA property that I
> could set to false, but there doesn't seem like there is a way to set
> it within the Appserver.

        How do you pass logins parameters and other info? There must be a
        way to add this setting. Perhaps a config file of some sort?

-am     ? 2003