TEXT parameter in Stored Procs

Post by A » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:11:13

It was impossible in the past to insert TEXT data into a table via
stored procedure.  Has Sybase managed to move on from there ?

AK Fuan

Post by Anthony Mandi » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:56:30

> It was impossible in the past to insert TEXT data into a table via
> stored procedure.  Has Sybase managed to move on from there ?

        Their stop gap solution was to use the wider character fields
        introduced with ASE 12.5. Of course, if your text is bigger than
        16K, you still have to use the traditional 2 step text pointer
        method.

-am     ? 2003

1. Stored Procs, Parameters and Access Runtime

Hi,

I have a form in an ADP that I want to execute a stored procedure on click
of a command button.

The code behind my command button looks like...

dim cmdUpdate as adodb.command

Set cmdUpdate = New Command

With cmdUpdate
    .ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
    .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
    .CommandText = "sp_OutworkerPayments"
    .Parameters.Refresh

    .Execute
End With

Set cmdUpdate = Nothing

MsgBox "Payment made successfully.", vbInformation, Caption

.... my problem is that while this code works on my development machine
(which has the full version of Access 2K) when I package and deploy it to
the end users (with Access 2K runtime) it falls over.

Through a series of message boxes inserted in appropriate places I've worked
out that the error occurs on the .parameters.refresh line but I've no idea
why? especially when it works on other machines with the FULL version of
Access.

Are there some more properties of the command object I need to use/set?

Any help will be massively appreciated 'cause this is sending me nutz!

Thanks,

Chris.

2. Access Security Problem

3. Sending parameters to stored procs

4. Newcomer needs help with reports

5. ASP, Stored Procs, Recordsets & Parameters under SQL7

6. How to check day of Date Dimension is equal to any particular day????

7. Debugging SQL-Server Extended Stored Procedures.

8. ADO Parameter Refresh using Stored Procs

9. INSERT Statement/Temp Tables/Stored Procs with Parameters

10. ADO, Parameters and SQL Strings (not stored procs) in SQL Server

11. How can I query a stored procs Input/Output parameters using ADO

12. CAN WE PASS A TABLE DATATYPE AS A PARAMETER TO STORED PROCS