Announcing APPLICATION RUNNER (My Apologies To This Group)

Announcing APPLICATION RUNNER (My Apologies To This Group)

Post by Bruce Bla » Sun, 30 Jun 1996 04:00:00

To the members of this newsgroup:

     Please accept my apologies for posting my "Announcing APPLICATION
RUNNER ..." adverti*t in your news group earlier this week. It was
an honest mistake. I am not a company, just a hard-working computer
professional who developed what I believe to be an excellent shareware
product in my spare time over the past 10 months. My target audience is
people who have more than casual usage of their computers. I reasoned
that sending a post to computer specific news groups would be a good way
to reach that audience. I posted to 41 groups in all and have received
numerous angry letters from members in many of them. It truly didn't
occur to me that what I did was inappropriate. I now clearly realize
that it was and will never do it again. I am humbled by the flames
I've received.

Regards... Bruce Blank

* Bruce Arlan Blank (aka BLANKWARE) author of Application Runner  *
* --------------------------------------------------------------- *

* WWW page:   http://www.veryComputer.com/~bablank/               *
* Application Runner:                                             *
*             http://www.veryComputer.com/~bablank/AppRunner.html *

1. Announcing APPLICATION RUNNER (My Apologies To This Group)

To the members of this newsgroup:

     Please accept my apologies for posting my "Announcing APPLICATION
RUNNER ..." advertisement in your news group earlier this week. It was
an honest mistake. I am not a company, just a hard-working computer
professional who developed what I believe to be an excellent shareware
product in my spare time over the past 10 months. My target audience is
people who have more than casual usage of their computers. I reasoned
that sending a post to computer specific news groups would be a good way
to reach that audience. I posted to 41 groups in all and have received
numerous angry letters from members in many of them. It truly didn't
occur to me that what I did was inappropriate. I now clearly realize
that it was and will never do it again. I am humbled by the flames
I've received.

Regards... Bruce Blank

* Bruce Arlan Blank (aka BLANKWARE) author of Application Runner  *

* WWW page:   http://www.access.digex.net/~bablank/               *
* Application Runner:                                             *
*             http://www.access.digex.net/~bablank/AppRunner.html *

2. no connect with less than 2k os's

3. filemaker server 5 problems

4. INSERT INTO two tables help

5. JBOSS : using database other than Hypersonic SQL

6. Announcing APPLICATION RUNNER - REPOST(corrected URL)!!!