COND in sysprocesses.cmd

Post by Mahesh Hardik » Tue, 28 May 2002 21:44:32

Hello ,

I have a doubt about SMP. Currently we are using

Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.9.2.6/1287/P/SWR 10031
ROLLUP/Sun_svr4/OS 5.5.1/FBO/Tue Mar 12 04:38:12 2002

on
Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Enterprise 420R (4 X UltraSPARC-II 450MHz)

Sybase is not yet configured for SMP.

In last few days I am seeing pretty high usage of CPU(90%).
Most of the time , I see a process which is in SLEEPING state and
shows COND in cmd column of sp_who o/p....
What is the meaning of COND sysprocesses.cmd column ?
If this process is not present , Sybase CPU utilisation is ard 30%

Here is o/p from sysprocesses for that spid ...

spid kpid enginenum status suid hostname program_name hostprocess cmd
cpu physical_io memusage blocked dbid uid gid tran_name time_blocked
network_pktsz fid execlass priority affinity id stmtnum linenum
origsuid
10 13107275 0 sleeping 3 13745 COND 0 9972 12 0 5 1 0
$user_transaction NULL 512 0 EC2 MEDIUM ANYENGINE 465436732 3 82 NULL

Given the circumstances , shd I configure Sybase with 1 more CPU &
bind the process to that CPU ? But problem here is all the processes
use same login . In this case can I bind that process ?

Also can I disable SMP afterwards? Is it possible ?

Any help is kindly appreciated ....

Mahesh

COND in sysprocesses.cmd

Post by Anthony Mandi » Tue, 28 May 2002 22:09:14

> I have a doubt about SMP. Currently we are using
> Sybase is not yet configured for SMP.

        Then how can you have a doubt about it?

Quote:> In last few days I am seeing pretty high usage of CPU(90%).
> Most of the time , I see a process which is in SLEEPING state and
> shows COND in cmd column of sp_who o/p....
> What is the meaning of COND sysprocesses.cmd column ?

        Conditional statement.

Quote:> If this process is not present , Sybase CPU utilisation is ard 30%

> Here is o/p from sysprocesses for that spid ...
> Given the circumstances , shd I configure Sybase with 1 more CPU &
> bind the process to that CPU ? But problem here is all the processes
> use same login . In this case can I bind that process ?

> Also can I disable SMP afterwards? Is it possible ?

        It might be better to first work out what that process is doing.
        Look at syslocks and try running auditing or sp_showplan.

-am     ? 2002

COND in sysprocesses.cmd

Post by VKappiyoo » Wed, 29 May 2002 01:01:46

There may be something wrong with your stored procedure. (id 465436732  in
dbid 5 at line no. 82). Look for what is there and you may able to see what
is wrong: Bad SQL, missing index etc.

Quote:> Hello ,