Urgent: HELP!!! VB 5.0 w/ SQLAnywhere

Post by Michael J Kuh » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello All,

Last week I posted a helpme that no-one responded to. I assume it is because I
did not send enough info, so here goes again.

I am trying to determine what the keys are in a table with a SQLAnywhere db in
VB5.0. I am attempting to retrieve the keys in the db with the rdoResultSet.
When I check the ResultSet through the watch window it tells me that an
invalid parameter was passed for the KeyColumn variable. I know there must be
a way to pull the info out of the table, but I dont know what it is.

Note: _I_ know what the keys are for the tables, but am trying to write a set
of generic routines for use, therefore, I do not want to code the keys
directly. Thus, the quest.

Any help would be extrememly appreciated, I have to have this working and
installed in a week!!!!

Michael J Kuhno
Senior Software Engineer
Accu-Sort Systems inc.

1. Urgent: HELP!!! VB 5.0 w/ SQLAnywhere

[...]

2. J2SE or J2EE for DB programming

3. URGENT help(VB 5.0 Application)

4. Recorset not open ( object closed)Error 3704

5. SQLAnywhere 5.0 vs Visual Basic 5.0

6. (PDXJOBS) Oracle/Informix DBA - HOT HOT

7. Help : Delphi 2.01 and SQLAnywhere 5.0

8. HELP: Webdb. How to send mail?

9. HELP !!! VB 5.0 + GRAPHICS SERVER 5.0

10. Delphi 1.0 to SqlAnywhere 5.0

11. Problem with Reportsmith and SqlAnyWhere 5.0

12. Sybase SQLAnywhere 5.0 for NT bugs