changing user in connection??

Post by cbu.. » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have a connection to Sybase open as a certain user/login.   I would
like to log in as someone else, with out closing that connection and
making a new one.

What is the command for that?

I didn't see a sp_relogin 'user','password' command...

--
CB

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Bret Halfor » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I have a connection to Sybase open as a certain user/login.   I would
> like to log in as someone else, with out closing that connection and
> making a new one.

> What is the command for that?

> I didn't see a sp_relogin 'user','password' command...

See the "set proxy" command.

--
Bret Halford
Sybase Technical Support

1. user change or change user rights for MS ACCESS DB with DAO (MFC)

good morning,

i have a problem: i have written a programm which
manages MS ACCESS databases. on my computer i am
the administator and all is working fine. but by
autheor peoples where the administrator doesnt
have rights to read and write we have problems.
now we think we create there a new user an give
them the rights to read and write.
now i would like to know how can i set a new user
in MY MFC program ( the smae we will create on
the computer form the other people) which isnt
equal to administartor. that means i would like
to set a different user from administrator in my
MFC programm to read and write from MS ACCESS
databaeses. i am working with DAO and under WIN NT

thank you
greetings

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Adding TCP/IP Support to Server

3. Changing the number of user connections without Enterprise Manager

4. maxgents

5. Problem: Changing the User alials in MS SQL Server 6.5 for an active connection

6. Using Recordset.Filter

7. Changing the User alias in MS SQL Server 6.5 for an active connection

8. VB Oracle problem - RETURNING CLAUSE

9. Change de Maximum concurrent user connections

10. Changing user/pwd on home-grown Java DB pooled connections

11. if i change an entry, how does the user defined alert detect the change

12. Immediately view changed data of SQL server 2000 after other user change it

13. When making changes to file layout, changes do not appear to other users