EBCDIC Sorting

Post by Pat Kan » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Help!

I need to sort, min, max on a column using EBCDIC  (numbers after
letters) ordering rather than ASCII.  Any help would greatly be
appreciated. Please response via email or both.

Thanks,
Pat Kane

1. Need EBCDIC sort order in Sybase

Hi, =

My software feeds Sybase tables from files generated by IBM mainframes;
i.e. the files are in EBCDIC and sorted according to EBCDIC sort order.
I need to be able to retreive data in the same order; so my question is:
 =

Is there a way in Sybase to get the queries I send to the server to
return to me the data in EBCDIC order? =

Regards, =

Jean
 =

 Jean Poir=E9, eng.
 Croesus, Portfolio Management System =

 Unigiciel Inc.             Tel.: 514-662-6101
 1 Place Laval, Bureau 410  Fax.: 514-662-3629
 Laval (QUEBEC)
 CANADA

2. Select n rows from ...

3. sort order errors: EBCDIC data from DB2

4. Disable the Auto Commit Behavior

5. Automatically converting & transferring EBCDIC to ASCII to EBCDIC on-the-fly

6. Finding tables available in an Oracle user's Schema

7. ASCII 2 EBCDIC?

8. "Database could not recover. Contact Technical Support." (with link to logs)

9. ASCII / EBCDIC Conversion

10. Output to EBCDIC format?

11. Handling of MVS/EBCDIC files in DTS

12. import of ebcdic data with zoned fields from text files

13. PackDecimal and EBCDIC conversion