MS SQL Server 6.5 and NT Workstation 4.0

MS SQL Server 6.5 and NT Workstation 4.0

Post by Richard B. Roo » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 on Windows NT Workstation
4.0.  The documentation, what little there is of it, clearly states that I
can install SQL Server on NT Workstation as long as the NT release is 4.0
or above.  I am not trying to install on a network.  My computer is, at the
present time, a stand alone.

At what is apparently the end, I get a message, "Setup is now starting SQL
Server and verifying its state."   A few seconds after I receive that
informational message I receive and error message "The SQL Server
installation could not be successfully completed . . . Setup could not
connect to the SQL Server."    This is a fatal error.  At that point there
are no choices or alternatives.  The Setup seems to erase all evidence that
it was ever there.  The install directory is not even left over.

I would appreciate any advice I can get.

1. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

Software

NT Workstation 4.0     with no Service Pack applied.
SQL 6.5 Workstation   with no Service Pack applied.

MS loopback installed.
No network card.
Use dynamic IP via ras to ISP.

Problem

After installing SQL on the E: drive,
Enterprise Manager does not see the (local) server and
cannot connect to it.

Solution

I installed SQL on the C: drive instead of the E: drive.
It works just fine. How aggrevating!
Apparently, SQL Workstation  will only install properly
on the C: drive.
I will report bug to MS.

2. ORA-01652 error

3. Installing Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Developer Edition On Windows NT Workstation 4.0 sp3

4. Dbase IV --> Mac ???

5. Problem Installing SQL Server 6.5 on NT 4.0 Workstation SP3

6. DTS: Executing Program Files on a Remote Computer

7. Installing SQL Server 6.5 under NT 4.0 Workstation

8. General Automation - What's the Big Deal?

9. SOS : how install SQL Server 6.5 with NT Workstation 4.0

10. Cannot normally install SQL Server 6.5 (workstation vrsion)on WinNT 4.0 Workstation

11. sql-server login window suppress in vb3 with ms sql 6.5 and Nt 4.0

12. Installing MS SQL Server on NT 4.0 Workstation?

13. Installing MS SQL Server on Window NT 4.0 Workstation