PowerBuilder 5.0/Sybase SQL Server 10 Connection Prob

PowerBuilder 5.0/Sybase SQL Server 10 Connection Prob

Post by Brad Christense » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Greetings!

I'm trying to connect PowerBuilder 5.0 (16bit) to Sybase SQL Server 10.
When I configure a Database profile from the powerbar, I get the
following error message when the connection is being made:

ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error:
There is a tds state machine error.  An illegal tds token sequence was
received.

I'm using SYC Sybase System 10 and using the Client Lib 10.03P1.

I'm running on Win95.

Any ideas of what I might try?

Thanks in advance.

Brad Christensen
IUPUI Campus Services Support
1830 W 16th St
Indianapolis IN 46202

Post by Chris E Gre » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: Greetings!

: I'm trying to connect PowerBuilder 5.0 (16bit) to Sybase SQL Server 10.
: When I configure a Database profile from the powerbar, I get the
: following error message when the connection is being made:

: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error:
: There is a tds state machine error.  An illegal tds token sequence was
: received.

Try adding PWEncrypt='NO' to your dbparm string.  We were getting the
same error here, and it turned out that PB 5.0 defaulted to encrypted
passwords using ctlib, and our server wasn't set up that way.  Kind
of a bogus error message from ctlib, however.

Chris

PowerBuilder 5.0/Sybase SQL Server 10 Connection Prob

Post by Michael Sweetma » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> : ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error:
> : There is a tds state machine error.  An illegal tds token sequence was
> : received.

> Kind of a bogus error message from ctlib, however.

> Chris

It would help if PB, when using CT-lib, would report the Server
Message (if any) when a CONNECT; fails, either in place of or in
addition to the client message.  It is frustrating to get:

(44) ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error: The attempt to
connect to the server failed.

when a mistyped password is sent to the database.  I'd much rather see
the Server Message:

(4002) Login failed.  You have entered an invalid Userid or Password.

This is something I have been unhappy with since PB 4.0 provided the
capability to use CT-lib to connect to System 10.  In most other
instances, the error object includes Server Messages.

--

  IBM PCCo., RTP (AiC)

1. Connect from isql in SQL Anywhere 5.0 to Sybase System 10 on HP-UX

I want to connect from a Windows NT version of isql provided with SQL
Anywhere 5.0 to a Sybase System 10 server on HP-UX.  How do I indicate to
this Windows version of isql the location of the interfaces file
c:\sybase\ini\sql.ini?

I am able to connect from other NT clients to the Sybase server via ODBC.
I can also connect a DOS version of isql by indicating the location of the
interafces file as a parameter.

2. FoxPro LAN & OS/2

3. Migrate Sybase SQL server from Netware NLM 4.2.2 to Sybase 10 on Sun

4. RESET SetFilter

5. Sybase 10 Server Connection

6. Help, please.

7. Powerbuild 4.0 to Sybase 10.0.1 Open Server connection qustion

8. rename table/alter initial extent

9. connection PowerBuilder with Sybase SQL server ver 10.01

10. Moving data from AnyWhere 5.0 to Sql Server 10

11. Powerbuilder 3.0 + Sybase 10 = no tables?