changing tempdb device to log & data

Post by pete » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:24:40

Hi,

I recently expanded our tempdb by a couple of devices (100 MB each)
via Sybase Central & DBArtisan).

When I looked at tempdb it showed the devices were log only, but
looking at my previous devices they are of type 'data & log'. Does
this matter ? If so how do I change them

Thanks
PS

changing tempdb device to log & data

Post by Ivan Santhumayo » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 01:45:47

Use sp_logdevice along with sp_dropsegment and sp_extendsegment to move
the data or log segments.
You should always have the logsegment seperated from the default and
system segments for better performance in tempdb