SYBASE Database Administration (AVP or VP level)
* For a leading investment bank based in Midtown Manhattan, NY
You will be technically responsible for administration and Risk
Management of multi-server databases on a global network. The
environment, Sybase System 10 on Sun Sparcs running SunOS is presently
being upgraded to Sybase System 11 with replication. Front-end
development is now performed using Powerbuilder 5.0 on NT clients.
* Plan and implement the conversion between Sybase System 10 & 11
* Performance tuning: Size and configure, physical design of the
* Logical and physical design of the schema
* Review and design: triggers, stored procedures, and database server
* Ensure user connectivity to the databases.
* Server configuration planning: work closely with UNIX system
* Man management of up to 3 people may be required (please note this
is a 100% hands-on technical position)
Excellent base salaries are also on offer. Profit sharing and bonus
(up to 25% total) is also available.
Datacom Technology Group Inc.
212-629-5720 Ext:230 (voice)
Please mark ALL fax correspondence with my name