IQ vs ASE for DSS?

Post by Frank D. Grec » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:09:01

I know the cookbook answer is to use IQ for large DSS
environments for performance reasons, but between IQ and ASE,
which one is more suited to a large DSS that does have some
transactional functionality?  What criteria do you use to choose?

Thanks
+=========================================+
| Crossroads Technologies Inc.            |
| Enterprise Java Engineering             |
|   Web: www.CrossroadsTech dot com       |

+=========================================+

IQ vs ASE for DSS?

Post by Anthony Mandi » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:59:24

> I know the cookbook answer is to use IQ for large DSS
> environments for performance reasons, but between IQ and ASE,
> which one is more suited to a large DSS that does have some
> transactional functionality?  What criteria do you use to choose?

        I don't think there are many ASIQ users here. You might be
        better off crossposting to the IQ newsgroup on Sybase's
        Forums newsserver.

-am     ? 2003

1. Sybase IQ vs Oracle Server for DSS

I've been asked to find out the limitations of Sybase IQ.  I don't
really what to call it their muti-dimensional database but I believe
their using it this way.  More specifically, I thought that Oracle might
be an option since it supports bit-mapped indexes which it the
foundation of the Sybase IQ product. So: what advantages/disadvantage
might I encounter when comparing Sybase IQ and Oracle Server?

Marketing/technical materials has proved difficult to find on the Net so
any comments would very helpful.  Thanks for your time!

John Dennis
DSS Consultant

2. 3.0/04 installation problem

3. failing connection with ESQL/C 7.23 UC6 under solaris 2.6

4. ASE to IQ

5. clipped text at bottom of page

6. ASE 11.5 vs ASE 12 : exclusive locks at page / table

7. Help

8. Migrating db from IQ to ASE?

9. Has anyone heard of IQ/Objects or IQ/Liveweb

10. Oracle vs. Sybase IQ