Sybase vs Oracle looing for answer

Post by Jamie Stah » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

We are considering purchasing and wanted to know why Sybase
rather than Oracle

Jamie

1. Access vs SQL Server vs Sybase vs Oracle

Hi all,
I am currently using Access2 on an NT server with
VB frontend, but find performance TERRIBLE. My
questions are 1) Is Access a problem and 2)If I
were to consider another backend database, which
would you suggest and why?

I know this is a pretty fundamental question, but
I'll bet there are lots of database newbies like me
surfing this group with the same question.

Thaks for you kind reponses :)

Dave
This communication does not necessarily
represent the views or polices of FMR or
any affilated company

2. ParamArray as parameter to OLE Server...weird behavior

3. Oracle vs SQL Server vs Informix vs Sybase

4. odbc

5. Oracle vs Sybase vs MS SQL Server

6. sql server vs sybase sql server vs oracle

7. MS SQL Server vs Oracle vs DB2 (&Sybase too)

8. Oracle VS Sybase VS SQL Server

9. Web Applications: Oracle vs. Sybase vs Informix

10. informix vs oracle vs sybase.

11. informix vs sybase vs oracle