Transactions in Sabase Anywhere from rdo

Transactions in Sabase Anywhere from rdo

Post by Sijo Josep » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
        I want to use nested transactions in Sybase anywhere using RDO.
Since RDO does not support nested transactions, we are using
rdoConnection.Execute to directly give the command for transactions( Begin
Trans, Commit trans, and Rollback). But this does not have any effect on the
changes made.
    We have recently moved from Enterprise version to Anywhere 6.0. It was
working fine in Enterprise version.

Thanks in advance.
Sijo Joseph

1. VB, RDO and SQY Anywhere

I have set up an ODBC connection to an SQL Anywhere DB.  I am using VB
and RDO to access the database.  When I am in ISQL, I can enter a
select statement and get valid results, from vb, I am getting odd
results, such as a rdo rowcount of -3 and other negative numbers.

One of my selecte statements is "Select * from db.master where
db.lk.test.id='S'.

From ISQL, I get 2 records.  From VB, I get rowcount -1.

Can anyone help, is there a trick to rdo and SQL Anywhere ??

Barry ALkis

2. Upgrade to NT4 or stay at V3.5 ?

3. VB 4/5 and RDO and ODBC and SQL Anywhere

4. FoxPro for Mac/DAL compliant??

5. Help: VB4 - RDO - SQL Anywhere 5.0

6. QueryInterface error using DTS with .NET

7. Problem in VB4 with RDO and SQL Anywhere

8. InstallShield ODBC-DAO-RDO Template and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ODBC Driver

9. VB 4.0 RDO and SQL Anywhere

10. VB 4.0 to SQL Anywhere using RDO

11. SQL 6.5 Locks Up when RDO nested transaction begun

12. SQL 6.5 locks up during nested RDO transaction