Sybtcl with Sybase ASE for Linux: works fine.

Sybtcl with Sybase ASE for Linux: works fine.

Post by Tom Poindext » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Just a quick note that I've tested Sybtcl with the Sybase ASE
distribution for Linux.  My system is Redhat 5.1, and I used the
stock Tcl/Tk installed with Redhat.  I simply unpacked Sybtcl,
ran 'configure; make'  (after installing Sybase, of course)

Wisqlite also runs fine, no need to dink with isql anymore.

Note that my README for Sybtcl is now out of date - you can build
Sybtcl with Sybase's DB-Lib, instead of trying to use the old CT-Lib
Sybase release a few years ago.

Not for comp.lang.tcl readers: If you haven't seen the news, Sybase has
released their database server for Linux, free for the downloading!
See www.sybase.com, www.redhat.com, www.caldera.com, or www.suse.com
to get yours.

--
Tom Poindexter