WebSQL support for Apache/Stronghold

Post by Andrew Gide » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

I've a client that has a large collection of pages built in
WebSQL.  For a variety of reasons, the client had to move
from a Netscape server to an Apache/Stronghold server.

WebSQL works in this server, but as a CGI program.  This
has a number of problems, not the least of which is that
there is all that fork()ing around taking place.

Is there, or shall there be, a WebSQL version that functions
as a module to Apache/Stronghold?  If not, we'll have to
start to transition away from this to another product (ie.
PHP or some such).

Thanks...

        Andrew Gideon

WebSQL support for Apache/Stronghold

Post by Steven Cru » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

    I work with web.sql and currently we are working a migration plan
away from it. Sybase will only support it for about another year. They
are also not planing any more releases. However, they  will still be
doing patches until then. Looks like you may be out of luck.

Steven Cruz