SYBASE Performance

Post by Jerrold Communicatio » Wed, 21 Jul 1993 02:43:34

Is anyone running SYBASE 4.2 on Interactive 386 UNIX? We have been experiencing terrible performance, and as noted in so many previous messages,  SYBASE Tech Support has not been much help.  We upgraded from 4.0 to 4.2, and now the dataserver process is executing 1 second per second of elapsed time.  sp_monitor shows that the cpu is anywhere from 75% to 100% busy.  So far SYBASE has suggested applying 2 EBF patches (#1633, and #1748), but no changes.  Any comments or suggestions?  We'll try almost anything

 right now.

Thanks,
Ellen Osis

SYBASE Performance

Post by Jerrold Communicatio » Wed, 21 Jul 1993 02:48:37

Does anyone run the SQL Server 4.2 on Interactive 386 UNIX?  We upgraded one site from 4.0 server to 4.2, and now the dataserver executes 1 second per second of elapsed time.  As noted by previous articles , we have not had a whole lot of success which the SYBASE Tech Support.  We have applied 2 patches (EBFs) and seend no improvements.  Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ellen Osis

SYBASE Performance

Post by S Naraynakavisubramani » Thu, 22 Jul 1993 12:37:26

can anybody send me the approximate cost of
SYBASE software?

Thanks

Kumar