Sybase V DB2 Online Back up

Post by Stev » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:46:22

Does anybody have an opinion on which database has the slickest online
back up functionality between Sybase and DB2 (UDB)?

Sybase V DB2 Online Back up

Post by Anthony Mandi » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:03:00

> Does anybody have an opinion on which database has the slickest online
> back up functionality between Sybase and DB2 (UDB)?

        The last time I worked at a site that used both it was for an
        insurance company 2 or 3 years back. I didn't have much to do
        with DB2 (it ran on a mainframe and they had a DB2 DBA) but
        there were always problems. The DB2 DBA was learning Sybase
        ASE as well. This is neither here nor there, however.

-am     ? 2003