How to change ownership of objects

Post by xsun1.. » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

 I am wondering if there is any easy way to change the ownership of
objects in a database or to change the ownership of a database
(something like EXEC sp_changedbowner 'xxxx'). I am on Sybase SQL
Anywhere 5.5 and ASA 6.0, running on NT 4.0 servers.

Thanks.

Xuening Sun

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Peter Bowma » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

> I am wondering if there is any easy way to change the ownership of
>objects in a database or to change the ownership of a database
>(something like EXEC sp_changedbowner 'xxxx'). I am on Sybase SQL
>Anywhere 5.5 and ASA 6.0, running on NT 4.0 servers.

>Thanks.

>Xuening Sun

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

I don't think so. You can update uid in sysobjects if no one is currently
using the object.

Pete.