ASE to ASA replication - V E R Y U R G E N T !!!

ASE to ASA replication - V E R Y U R G E N T !!!

Post by Voytec » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi !

I have the following problem - I have ASE 11.9.2 and ASA 5.0 - my boss wants
me to make replication of 2 tables from ASE to ASA.
On ASE I don;t have SQL remote, on ASA I have - so I think I cannot use SQL
Remote for such replication.
I wondered if I could use remote servers and proxy tables for it (well - to
tell the truth that's the suggestion of my boss :)) ) but I cannot find
Remote Servers folder on ASA. Maybe anybody knows,how to install it, or
maybe if ASA 5.0 really has such possibility.

I'll be very gratefull for any suggestion - I need to make it today - so
it's quite urgent thing...

Greetings

Voyteck

ASE to ASA replication - V E R Y U R G E N T !!!

Post by Eric Hogu » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi !

> I have the following problem - I have ASE 11.9.2 and ASA 5.0 - my boss wants
> me to make replication of 2 tables from ASE to ASA.
> On ASE I don;t have SQL remote, on ASA I have - so I think I cannot use SQL
> Remote for such replication.
> I wondered if I could use remote servers and proxy tables for it (well - to
> tell the truth that's the suggestion of my boss :)) ) but I cannot find
> Remote Servers folder on ASA. Maybe anybody knows,how to install it, or
> maybe if ASA 5.0 really has such possibility.

> I'll be very gratefull for any suggestion - I need to make it today - so
> it's quite urgent thing...

> Greetings

> Voyteck

I don't think you'll get much faster results than using bcp.

If ASA has the same fast/slow bcp that ASE does, make sure to put the
indexes on the ASA tables *after* you bcp in the data.

Eric

If life hands you lemons, learn to like lemons.
--
Free audio & video emails, greeting cards and forums
Talkway - http://www.talkway.com - Talk more ways (sm)

ASE to ASA replication - V E R Y U R G E N T !!!

Post by Debra Lowth » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I became familiar with SQL Remote trying to replicate from ASE to ASE. For
just two tables, it should work pretty well. (It didn't do the job for us,
though.) There is a SQL Remote installer on the Sybase CD, you just need
to install it on your ASE server and a SQL Remote folder will show up in
Sybase Central. Then run setup from that folder to initiate replication.
You'll need to set up a publisher user in ASE and a subscriber in ASA, and
decide whether to transmit changes via email, server shared folder, or
what. I think it would work much better from ASE to ASA, because that's
where Sybase has put the most work in on it. Our server came with a SQL
Remote book which covered everything although it's the type you have to
read 4 times in order to understand what it's saying. BTW, it's not going
to be up and running for a few days; it'll take at least that long to get
the kinks worked out.

Try SpEd (www.speditor.com) for your SQL queries!

--

      Chinook Software, US Distributors of SpEd
       http://www.SpEditor.com/default.asp?NGS

ASE to ASA replication - V E R Y U R G E N T !!!

Post by Jason Webst » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I don't mean to be dense, but isn't this a job for replication server?

>I became familiar with SQL Remote trying to replicate from ASE to ASE. For
>just two tables, it should work pretty well. (It didn't do the job for us,
>though.) There is a SQL Remote installer on the Sybase CD, you just need
>to install it on your ASE server and a SQL Remote folder will show up in
>Sybase Central. Then run setup from that folder to initiate replication.
>You'll need to set up a publisher user in ASE and a subscriber in ASA, and
>decide whether to transmit changes via email, server shared folder, or
>what. I think it would work much better from ASE to ASA, because that's
>where Sybase has put the most work in on it. Our server came with a SQL
>Remote book which covered everything although it's the type you have to
>read 4 times in order to understand what it's saying. BTW, it's not going
>to be up and running for a few days; it'll take at least that long to get
>the kinks worked out.

>> Hi !

>> I have the following problem - I have ASE 11.9.2 and ASA 5.0 - my boss wants
>> me to make replication of 2 tables from ASE to ASA.

>Try SpEd (www.speditor.com) for your SQL queries!

>--

>      Chinook Software, US Distributors of SpEd
>       http://www.SpEditor.com/default.asp?NGS
>  5150 E. River House Road, Suite E, Tucson, AZ 85718

--
Jason Webster

1. US-ORACLE/SYBASE/INFORMIX/INGRES/MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS

US-ORACLE/SYBASE/INFORMIX/INGRES/MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS

WE HAVE OVER A HUNDRED POSITIONS OPEN FOR VARIOUS COMPANIES AND
TECHNOLOGY ARENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POSITIONS;

SOFTWARE TESTERS
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPERS
PROGRAMMERS
PROJECT LEADERS
SENIOR APPLICATIONS DEVELOPERS
TECHNICAL WRITERS
DATABASE ARCHITECTS
DATABASE ADMINISTRATORS
DATABASE ANALYSTS
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATORS

DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS (YOU MUST FIT AT LEAST TWO OF THESE)

UNIX (ALL FLAVORS)              COBOL400
C                               EASYTRIEVE
C++                             CICS
VISUAL C++                      DB2
BORLAND C++                     DATACOMMUNICATION
ORACLE                          TESSERACT
SYBASE                          NATURAL/ADABAS
INGRES                          POWERBUILDER
INFORMIX                        MVS
AS400                           DEC
RPG400                          VAX
COBOL                           VMS
CICS                            PACBASE
VSAM
JCL

These are permanent, contractor or contractor for hire positions that
are available immediately at different companies and diferent
locations.

If you fit any of these requirements please fax a hard copy of your
resume to 314-928-1108 and give me a call at 800-300-1149. Please
include rate or salary requirements and location preferences. Thanks
and I look forward to working with you.

Jeff Dellinger

800-300-1149
fax 314-928-1108

    _/_/_/_/  _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/ | JEFF DELLINGER
   _/    _/  _/    _/ _/        | APPLIED DATA SYSTEMS
  _/_/_/_/  _/    _/ _/_/_/_/   | "Contract and Permanent
 _/    _/  _/    _/       _/    |  Data Processing Personnel"
_/    _/  _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/     | St. Charles/St. Louis, Missouri

       US Toll Free (800) 300-1149       24hr FAX (314) 928-1108

2. stored procedure call

3. US-ORACLE/SYBASE/INFORMIX/INGRES/MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS$$$

4. HELP! SQL Server hung sessions

5. US-ORACLE/SYBASE/INFORMIX/INGRES/MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS

6. Stored Queries and passed parameters

7. Replication between ASA and ASE problem

8. select datacombo item in code

9. ASE<->ASA replication question/JOB!!?

10. ASA vs ASE usage of strings

11. alienx@jet.es

12. Es una prueba (2)

13. How to schedule several jobs / DTS'es at the same time